DIY Holiday Kids Art Kit
Time & Location
About the Event
Fostering your child’s creativity and exposing them to great art is something you won’t regret. People express themselves through art, music, writing, and dance. Art, in its many forms, can help you process emotions, make you calmer, and help you communicate.
DIY Holiday Kids Art Kit
One project, once a week, for three weeks. Keep your kiddos engaged at home with this amazing 3 in 1 Holiday Kit!
Happy Holidays Festivities! We are excited to embrace the season with fun Holiday themed art projects!
Week 1: Decorate four ornaments that can be filled with paint or colorful paper!
- Gather your materials: 4 ornaments, 10 small colorful pieces of paper, scissors you have at home, paints, and paint brush. You can cut-out shapes or make your own funfetti to fill into your ornaments with the colorful paper. You can also use the paints to paint the inside/ outside and make a festive design!
Week 2: Painting on colorful handmade paper to give as gifts!
- Gather your materials: 4 "Cosmic Brownie" handmade paper, paint brush, and paints. Now start painting! Let your imagination do it's magic and create wonderful festive paintings! Give as gifts or keep at home!
Week 3: Make an abstract painting using festive holiday plants!
- Gather your materials: 2 Artificial Poinsettia Flowers, 1 Pine Cone, 1 "Snowball", 2 Pine Needle Pieces, paints, 8x10in canvas pad, and disposable apron. This project is the messiest out of all the projects. Prepare an area on a table with newspaper or an old craft table cloth. Lay down the canvas pad so that the right side is facing up. Use the flowers, pine cone, snowball, and pine needles as your brushes! Dip into the paint and start marking making on your canvas! Don't be afraid to use all sides of the objects. Discover what marks you can get from them. Get messy, wild, and creative with this fun interactive abstract project!
Each Kit includes:
- 1 8x10in Canvas Pad
- 1 disposable apron
- 1 paint brush
- 6 paint colors (Black, White, Light Green, Dark Green, Light Red, Dark Red)
- Roughly 10 small colorful pieces of paper.
- 4 pieces of 5x6in "Cosmic Brownie" handmade paper
- 4 Ornaments (3D that open and can be painted on the inside or filled with cut paper)
- 2 Artificial Poinsettia Flowers, 1 Pine Cone, 1 "Snowball", 2 Pine Needle Pieces
- 1 Insturction Guide
Share photos of your art projects with us by tagging Open Space Art Gallery & Studios or send us your photos and we will share them on our social media! Thank you for supporting us and your child's creativity!
*All boxes will be available for pick-up during open gallery hours on Thursday, December 3rd, Friday, December 4th, and Saturday, December 5th!
*For curbside pick-up, please message us or call to arrange for us to bring the box out to you.
*Masks MUST be worn at all times when entering Open Space Art Gallery & Studios. Hand Sanitizer is available immediately at the front door.
- WK1-3 Holiday Kids Art Kit$75$750$0